Friday, March 30, 2012

Plant markers




These were so easy to make and they will help me keep my tomato varieties straight. I'm so excited to plant my Spring/Summer garden so I can use them!
I got my inspiration from something I saw on Pinterest:
garden rocks
I wanted to show more of the natural colors of the rock because I love the way that tumbled rocks look after getting a shower from watering and I wanted to keep it more simple and easy to write heirloom names and paint over if needed the next season. On Friday, the kids and I went to the beach and collected the rocks, brought them home and washed them in vinegar. Once they were dry, I taped out squares on each of them with painters tape. After that, we painted them with non-toxic acrylic paint we bought from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment